We are reopening our doors at Speers Health Clinics on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 to perform in-person physiotherapy treatments. Our goal is to accommodate everyone as best as possible and therefore, we will continue to operate with modified hours until we are able to return to our regular office hours.
Since March 27, when we were mandated to close our doors, we have been providing Telehealth services to our clients that needed continued care during this difficult time. We will continue to offer Telehealth services after we reopen our doors for those clients who would prefer this platform of care.
Maintaining the safety of our clients, team and the community are of utmost importance, and therefore, we will continue to follow the Alberta Physiotherapy and AHS protocols and guidelines for cleaning and disinfection, as well as maintaining social distancing within the clinic.
Guidelines for our clients as we re-open during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- When you arrive, please wait in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment. You may then enter the clinic.
- New clients are asked to come in no sooner than 15 minutes before their appointment.
- Before seating, please come to the front desk for a few brief screening questions.
- After the screening questions, you will be asked to wash your hands prior to your treatment.
- If you wish to bring and wear your own mask, that will be acceptable.
- While in the clinic, please maintain 2 metres of physical distancing from other clients and the front desk staff. Your physiotherapists will be wearing all the appropriate personal protective equipment during your appointment.
To book an appointment, please contact us by email or at 403.556.9911.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our Telehealth physiotherapy appointment hours will remain the same, and our phones and emails will be answered during the following hours:
- Tuesday 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please contact our friendly staff to set up a Telehealth appointment by email or at 403.556.9911.
The current situation with COVID-19 has forced us to stay confined in our homes. While we hunker down, there is no reason to think that we cannot continue to receive good treatment to improve our health. At this time, it’s more important than ever to maintain a sense of normalcy and take care of your health and safety.
As of March 28, 2020, our clinic will be closed until directed otherwise by Physiotherapy Alberta and/or the Government of Alberta and the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
During the closure, we are offering our clients the option of Telehealth Physiotherapy:
- A user-friendly, easy to access tool that will allow us to continue your plan of care, with a therapist that already serves you
- Allows our dedicated therapists to care for clients remotely, in a one-on-one online setting, while maintaining physical distancing and other isolation recommendations
- A secure and private video conference platform, HIPAA compliant
- It’s just like FaceTiming with a friend
For our valued clients, we will continue to direct bill Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), Motor Vehicle Collision (MVC) insurance companies, and also perform Direct Billing to Extended Health Care insurance companies for Telehealth physiotherapy services.
Please contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff at 403.556.9911 or by email to learn more and book a Telehealth appointment.
We want to be very clear with our clients that we have suspended our ‘Cancellation Policy’, and confirm that you will NOT be charged a fee for any cancellation of an appointment, regardless of the timing of the cancellation. We do not want clients coming to the clinic, if they are at any risk of having contracted the Coronavirus COVID-19, just to prevent being charged the cancellation fee.
The Speers Health Clinics Management Team
In light of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we want to inform our clients, and potential clients, of the protocol that Speers Health Clinics (SHC) is following, as per Alberta Health Services COVID-19 recommendations at http://www.alberta.ca/COVID19, as well as help inform our clients of all pertinent information relating to this pandemic.
We wish to decrease the risk of contracting COVID-19 by our staff, Physiotherapists, and our valued clients, so please review AHS recommendations as follows.
If you have recently returned from travel outside of Canada or have these symptoms – cough, fever, fatigue, or difficultly breathing,
– stay home, do not go to an ER or medical clinic (including ours)
– take the COVID-19 self-assessment test on (www.alberta.ca/COVID19)
– call Health Link 811 for testing and instructions
Thank you for your cooperation and we urge everyone to visit, www.alberta.ca/COVID19 for the most accurate and updated information regarding this issue.